Because of COVID-19, the DCV staff is working remotely and all face-to-face activities have been suspended. Please note, we can be reached by phone or email. Also, we have made some activities available online. Please click on the menu item above to access the latest information, online activities and entertainment. We plan to update this content regularly.
Volunteer: Services To Members
Volunteer services during the COVID-19 era
For updated plan for services as of 5/29: Click Here
For guidance to volunteers to keep them and our members safe: Click Here
Volunteer: Services to Members
There are a wide variety of services that our volunteers provide to help the members of Dupont Circle Village. As a volunteer, you can pick how and when you want to be involved.
How volunteers are contacted
The process is simple. After you are vetted by our volunteer coordinator, you can tell us what areas or services interest you. When a request that matches your indications is received, you and other volunteers receive an email explaining the request. If you want to help on that request, you respond to our Volunteer Coordinator. If not, you simply do not reply.
The volunteer services provided to members include almost anything that helps our members stay in their homes. These are the main areas where our volunteers help.
Interested? Become a Volunteer
- Transportation of members to medical and other appointments, shopping and DCV events
- Technology Support such as computer troubleshooting and help in using new devices
- Errands like picking up prescriptions and groceries
- Household Tasks including changing light bulbs, hanging pictures, snow shoveling, and minor home repairs
- Support Groups for members after hospitalizations or who have long-term needs
- Friendly Visits to members to reduce social isolation and provide companionship
- Administrative Help such as organizing paperwork, and dealing with medical forms
- Snow Shoveling and other help during inclement weather
- Gardening including indoor plant watering and raking leaves
- Downsizing help to organize and donate items